Saturday, July 29, 2006
posted by Erik Gaius,aka [ K i r E ] at 12:31 AM
Entry # 07
:: Olesya Rulin ::


†† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† ††
†† Time & Date: 1:43pm, 29th of July, 2006
†† Weather: Still dark and rainy...

†† Mood: Psyched & Inspired
†† Watching: Disney's High School Musical
†† Also Watching: Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest
†† Listening to: What I've Been Looking For (Reprise) By: Troy & Gabriella
†† Reading: Wikipedia.
Here and Here.
†† Quote: "Look, I don't attempt to understand the female mind, Troy.
†† It's foreign territory." ~ Chad, Troy' Bestfriend, Disney's High School Musical
††
†† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† ††
†† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† ††
†† How I feel
†† By: *ivymae457
††
†† You make me smile,
†† You brighten my day.
†† You make me feel special
†† With the things that you say.
††
†† You make me laugh,
†† You make me cry.
†† My emotions confuse me
†† And I'm not really sure why.
††
†† When you tear yourself down
†† It makes me quite mad.
†† I get frustrated and angry
†† And then I feel bad.
††
†† Because, when you're hurting
†† I'm hurting too.
†† I wish I could do something
†† To heal the pain inside you.
††
†† I know these are just words
†† But not empty ones, see
†† You're my friend, whom I care about
†† And you're important to me.
†† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† ††

Ahoy mates! I'm quite inspired today, as I have just finished watching two of disney's most popular movies. And that I've been munching on chocolate bars since this morning. I have finished two large bars of Cadbury Roast Almond Choclates, and I'm feeling really psyched. The exam week has passed, and unfortunately the Need For Speed: Most Wanted tourney that was scheduled this saturday was cancelled. Just yesterday though, at the Friday Night Magic, I just completed my deck although (As always) I saw quite large wholes in my design. In hindsight, I'm itching to build another deck. Why? Well, Edwin, unfortunately, has placed his trust on TJ, the resident Robin Hood (Y'know, a steal from the rich, give to the poor kind of guy). And they dreamed up a deck that was not only cheap, but strangely reminiscent of the uber-powerful MUC of the old days. Here's what I remember from the decklist.


// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)


// Lands

1 [CS] Dark Depths
23 [UNH] Island

// Creatures

2 [9E] Mahamoti Djinn
2 [CS] Vexing Sphinx
3 [9E] Thieving Magpie

// Spells

4 [CS] Rune Snag
4 [DIS] Spell Snare
4 [GP] Repeal
4 [CS] Controvert
4 [RAV] Remand
4 [9E] Mana Leak
2 [9E] Evacuation
2 [RAV] Convolute
1 [9E] Treasure Trove

Although the deck plays excruciatingly slow, and also an automatic lose against competent Grull decks (IN THEORY), it still hasn't lost game yet in MagicWorkstation. I even found myself in a match against a T1 Mercenary Deck, and I pwned him/her quite quickly (Vexing Sphinx beatdown 4tw!). I don't think my current control deck can match with this deck easily, unless I get a CounterBalance on turn 2 (Hoping there's no Spell Snare) and a Boseiju on turn 6, right before Wildfire. My mind is currently racing though the possibilities, but I think I really have to pull Niv-Mizzet out of my deck, and place something else. Or, better yet, construct anothertier 1 deck, although I'm not sure which...


Anyways, as you can see at the side bar and pic above, I'm a fan of Olesya Rulin. Who is she? Here. Of all the cast in Disney's High School Musical, she the only one who really caught my eye. I guess It's the glasses, yes? Sooo Cute. ^^;


So, See you guys tommorow, I hope. Ps> I hid a link somewhere in the blog towards the blog of a certain 'friend' with glasses. She's nowhere as cute as Olesya, but still, cute is cute. c",) Hint: Look for wrong grammar, or better yet open an RSS Reader or this page's script, then look for something out of place.

†† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† †† ††
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it. "
~ Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl.
 



1 Comments:


At 6:11 PM, Blogger Jin Rui

Ahoy, matey! ^_^
Commenting time!

1. The deck looks good on paper but not good on actual play. Come to think of it, the only draw engine you'll come across is Treasure Trove (And only 1 in the deck). That deck is pure blue, and somehow, you must somehow include Compulsive Researches and/or Tidings to maximize your hand at all times. You can't count on Treasure Trove...

I didn't noticed Thieving Magpie there. Good luck putting it down. Red players are agile in playing Volcanic Hammer. :)

And also, you'll also feel Vexing Sphinx's power with Chisei in play. :)

2. TJ's not a Robin Hood. He's more like the ones in all the Coercion Arts. >:)

3. Build another deck not named Blue/Red. >:) (Without Blue, Without Red)

4. I think I'm up to something... Where the heck is the Nationals going to be held?!